Some changes and measures against spammers

News about the site
Forum rules
Don't spam, don't scam, don't be rude. K?
Kyodai
Site Admin

Some changes and measures against spammers

Post by Kyodai »

Well i have updated the Forum Software. Also adjusted some Options. And i really did a clean-up. Really trying to fight the Spammers who produce 99% of the traffic...

So here's in Detail what i did:

- Deleted all inactive Users who never logged in
- Deleted all users who never posted (Sorry, just re-register and post a "hi there, i love palmtops" if you're not a Spammer)
- Disabled signatures. They were only used by Spammers for Advertising links. I think we can live without them for now.
- Requiring a new Profile field "Favorite Palmtop". At least automated registrations may cough on that and makes it easier to sight Spammers.
- Sending PM to a Maximum of 3 users.

and some minor changes that i already forgot.

Sorry for any inconviniences, but Spammers really are a Problem These days.
Kyodai
Site Admin

Re: Some changes and measures against spammers

Post by Kyodai »

OK, seems i now have the ultimate solution against spammer, so when you register you have to solve a little number game.

7,14,21,28 - whats next? Aight so you don't need a calculator here's a hint - the number is smaller than 36 and larger than 34. I think that narrows it down quite a bit, eh? Sorry for any inconviniences.
wintermute
Regular user
Favorite Palmtop: Sharp_PC-3000

Post by wintermute »

Disabled signatures.
Kudos for this. I absolutely *hate* signatures. On some forums they take 90% of the space.
Kyodai
Site Admin

Post by Kyodai »

Yeah, I don't know what signatures are needed for. They always contain the same boring stuff and waste space.