Tidalwave PS-1000 ports

Everything about vintage DOS based Palmtops goes in here...
curtis
Regular user
Favorite Palmtop: several

Re: Tidalwave PS-1000 ports

Post by curtis »

Sadly, I don't have the Zeos anymore. Went through a divorce an while back and, as might be expected, ran short of money so had to gut my collection.

Now I'm trying to rebuild a little bit. Going primarily for machines that I might actually utilize in some fashion.

The Commodore SX64 was an interesting machine, but weighed a TON! Portable only in the fact it has a handle.
Kyodai
Site Admin

Post by Kyodai »

Awwww, so sorry to hear about that. Must be hard to part from such a nice collection.

Well i think you'll have fun with the port replicator. Adding a serail mouse really improves the experience with all PS-1000... Even if you just use the old MS-DOS edit i always find a mouse already being a big advantage.

Ah yeah the SX-64. A friend of mine used to have one back in the days when the C-64 was still in stores. Well as you noticed - it is "in theory" portable, but since it doesn't have batteries and weights a ton it was not much more advantage to bringing your normal C-64, Floppy and a portable TV. And hell the screen was TINY. Back in the 1980s we weren't spoiled by 50 inch full HD screens, but even back then it was on the edge of being pratical. For some racing games or so it was kinda OK, but some 2 player games had such small sprites it was sometimes different to find your player character. For some stuff like programming or text editing it was close to the worst possible screen.
curtis
Regular user
Favorite Palmtop: several

Post by curtis »

Got the adapter in today. Thanks again.

And no, I sold the Zeos at the time of my divorce. Pretty much gutted my collection and am only now starting to build back up a little. My focus now will be on smaller machines. Gotten tired of the "big iron."
Kyodai
Site Admin

Post by Kyodai »

Aight, i hope the adaptor survived the long voyage well. But i did my best to package it well in that tiny box. Pretty classic German engineering-not beautiful but simple, smalland it works. I was always dreaming of getting a 3D printer to design a nice housing for it, but oh well with 2 girls and an expensive wife i never have the time and money. As i always say "If i didn't have a wife i would need to drive a Porsche to get rid of my money". XD
bastetfurry
Regular user

Post by bastetfurry »

I suffer from the same problem, do you happen to have one you could send to Bochum?
Kyodai
Site Admin

Post by Kyodai »

bastetfurry wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:43 pm I suffer from the same problem, do you happen to have one you could send to Bochum?
Yeah i still have one. :) Maybe send me a PM for details?