Sharp Mebius PC-NJ70a

Netbooks, subnotebooks and other tiny computers. Don't need to be vintage, but vintage ones are also welcome.
Kyodai
Site Admin

Sharp Mebius PC-NJ70a

Post by Kyodai »

Am I the only one who got this weird little computer?

Pretty cool thing featuring a color TFT touchscreen as the touch pad. Actually the touch pad is a complete linux PC.

http://www.tankraider.com/NJ70A/
zoidberg51
Regular user
Favorite Palmtop: hp200lx

Re: Sharp Mebius PC-NJ70a

Post by zoidberg51 »

Hi,

I would like to buy one of these. Does anyone have one, or know where I could get one?

Thanks,

Shaun.
Kyodai
Site Admin

Post by Kyodai »

zoidberg51 wrote:Hi,

I would like to buy one of these. Does anyone have one, or know where I could get one?

Thanks,

Shaun.

Well i have one. How much would you like to spend for it and where are you located?
zoidberg51
Regular user

Post by zoidberg51 »

I'm located in Australia and I suppose I'm willing to spend what you think its worth :)
Because I really do want one.

Sorry to be vague on the pricing, but I'd feel more comfortable if you made the offer first since its your pc and you're the one who's going to have to part with it.

Maybe you should PM me.

I wasn't expecting such a quick reply. I just need to wait for my latest pay to come through.
Kyodai
Site Admin

Post by Kyodai »

OK i have sent you a PM. :)

No problem with waiting for the next pay check, it's not an emergency sale, but my wife urges me to part with large parts of my collection - the man cave has to go to make space for the second daughters room sooner or later... :o
zoidberg51
Regular user

Post by zoidberg51 »

Hahaha That sounds reasonable.

The only thing is handing over the money without assurances of the end product. I suppose with the photographic evidence, and hopefully a tracking number, I can take your word for it :)

Shaun.
Kyodai
Site Admin

Post by Kyodai »

Well paypal has the buyer protection if you pay with that. I also got an ebay account with over 1500 good ratings, so i could sell it on ebay if that gives you more trust, but obviously that would cost me a lot of additional fees.

Well or if you're in Germany i could invite you to a keg of beer while checking out the laptop. :)
zoidberg51
Regular user

Post by zoidberg51 »

Hi,

I've given it some thought and I think over ebay would be best. I'm happy to pay a bit more to cover the extra charges. Again, if at some point you PM me with the exact amount or how much extra it might be.

Just don't create the auction before my pay comes through lol.

I'll let you know as soon as it does.

Regards,

Shaun.
Kyodai
Site Admin

Post by Kyodai »

Aight, not really in a hurry here anyways since i still have tons of other stuff to sell. So just let me know when you are ready. Ebay charges 10% off the total price here, so like for an item i sell for 350 Euro they get 35 Euro fees. Quite a lot i think. Well one could still put an item on ebay for like 1 dollar and charge 500 dollars shipping to prevent such fees if you get the idea. But I'm open to all suggestions... :)
zoidberg51
Regular user

Post by zoidberg51 »

Hi,

Sorry to put things on hold. But I don't have the money anymore to afford it. I still hope to buy this PC one day, but today is not that day.

Thanks for your help in raising my awareness of this PC and for offering me one. But for now it looks like it will have to wait.

Shaun.